New Server
Dec 11, 2005
1 minute read

So, yes, i finally got all the Hardware i ordered home. Quite a struggle. The result of all this is quite good though:

celaneo:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel® Celeron® M processor         1.40GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 174.999
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx
bogomips        : 2803.79
It”s a Celeron M CPU with 1.4GHz. Using Speedstep (cpudynd on linux) the CPU is actually running at 175MHz when idle!

3 Seagate Barracuda S-ATA Disks get me a nice Raid-5:

 
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1              28G  5.6G   21G  22%
tmpfs                 248M     0  248M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/md0              559G  104G  455G  19% /home

So far the thing is running stable, and if it keeps that way, i will probably replace my Desktop with a Mobile CPU too.


Back to posts